These terms and conditions apply to visitor registrations for, and attendance at, Cosmoprof Asia (the “Event”) organised by Cosmoprof Asia Ltd (referred to as “the Organisers”), a joint-venture between Fiere Internazionali di Bologna – BolognaFiere S.p.A. and Informa Markets Asia Limited.
As a potential visitor to the Event (referred to as “you/your”), please read these terms and conditions carefully as they contain important information. By submitting your registration and/or by attending the Event, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Your registration (where submitted directly by you or on your behalf) constitutes an offer by you to The Organisers to attend the Event in accordance with these terms and conditions. All registrations are subject to acceptance by The Organisers. If your registration is received in advance of the Event, it will either: (a) be confirmed in writing (including, without limitation, by email), or (b) if written confirmation is not sent within fourteen (14) days of us receiving your registration, be deemed to be confirmed unless we notify you otherwise. If your registration is received only at the Event itself, it will be confirmed by the act of The Organisers permitting you entrance to the Event. The Organisers reserves the right to refuse to accept any registration.
- Your registration is issued for your personal use only. You may not sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others.
- The Organisers reserves the right at any time to change the format (including, without limitation, from a physical Event to a virtual Event and vice versa), content, location, venue, opening hours, duration, dates, other timings, participants and/or any other aspect of the Event, in each case without liability. The Organisers reserves the right to withdraw any registration after confirmation without liability.
- Save as expressly set out in these terms and conditions and/or as may be otherwise expressly advised as part of the particular Event’s registration process: (a) your registration for the Event is irrevocable and you have no rights to cancel your registration, and (b) any registration fees you have paid will not be refunded for any reason.
- The Organisers reserves the right to cancel or change the date(s) of the Event at any time and for any reason (whether or not due to causes beyond our reasonable control). In the event that the date(s) of the Event are changed to new date(s) that are within twelve (12) months of the originally scheduled opening date of the Event, or where the Event is cancelled but is reasonably expected by The Organisers to be held at any time in the next calendar year, then, unless we notify you otherwise, your registration will be deemed to be valid for the Event on the new date(s) or when it is next staged (as applicable) in the same way that it would have applied to the originally scheduled Event (and no refund of any paid registration fees will be issued). Where all or part of the Event is cancelled and is not reasonably expected by The Organisers to be held in the next calendar year, then your registration will no longer be deemed to be valid for the Event (or the cancelled portion of the Event, as applicable) and, at your election, any paid registration fees for the Event (or the cancelled portion of the Event, as applicable) will be refunded or a credit note issued for the same, and you will be released from paying any further amount of registration fees for the Event (or the cancelled portion of the Event, as applicable). Service charges are non-refundable. Personal arrangements, including, without limitation, travel and accommodation, are at your own risk and The Organisers will not be liable for any costs relating to such arrangements, even if the Event is cancelled or moved to new date(s). You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of this paragraph set out your sole remedy in the event of cancellation or the changing of the date(s) of the Event and all other liability of The Organisers is hereby expressly excluded.
- Our Events, whether physical or virtual, are principally directed at business professionals. They are generally not intended for children under the age of eighteen (18). Without limitation to the foregoing, there may be some areas of our Events where it is inappropriate or impractical for children under the age of eighteen (18) to be present (for example, during executive conference workshops) and The Organisers reserves the right at any time to restrict entry to such areas accordingly.
- The Organisers reserves the right without liability to refuse admission to, or to eject/block from, the Event (whether physical or virtual) any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who, in the opinion of The Organisers, represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by The Organisers, the venue owners, security personnel and/or management at the Event.
- All unauthorised filming, sound recording and photography of the Event, and all unauthorised transmission of audio or visual material at the Event, by you is expressly prohibited. You agree: (a) to surrender to The Organisers or destroy on demand any material in whatever media recorded in violation of this paragraph, (b) that the copyright and other intellectual property rights in any such material shall vest in The Organisers unconditionally and immediately on the creation of such material, and (c) to hold The Organisers and all entities within the Informa Group (as well as any employees or other representatives of the same) harmless against any claims made in respect of such unauthorised activities.
- You consent to ﬁlming, sound recording and photography at the Event, which may include, without limitation, filming, sound recording and photography featuring your image (the “Content”). You acknowledge and agree that The Organisers is the sole and exclusive owner of all rights in the Content and hereby waive any and all: (a) rights in and to such Content, and (b) claims that you may have relating to or arising from the Content and/or its use. Without limitation, The Organisers shall be permitted to use the Content anywhere in the World for promotional and other purposes, without any payment or compensation.
- For jewellery Events only: passport/national identity card numbers and document scans may be collected from visitors to jewellery Events for the prevention and detection of crime, and to protect the security and safety of the jewellery Events. Such identity verification data will be stored in The Organisers’ database for a reasonable time after your visit to the Event. The Organisers does not use such identity verification data for any other purpose and will not share it with any third parties unless required by law or any lawful request of any enforcement agencies. The Organisers will not be able to process your pre-registration for any jewellery Event without such identity verification data.
- You expressly assume all risks associated with, resulting from or arising in connection with your participation in and/or attendance at the Event. The Organisers does not make any warranty as to the Event in general, including, without limitation, in relation to: (a) the presence, absence or location of any exhibitor, sponsor or attendee, (b) the number of exhibitors, sponsors or attendees, and/or (c) the beneﬁt or outcome (commercial or otherwise) that you may achieve as a result of attending the Event. All indemnities, warranties, representations, terms and conditions (whether express or implied) except as set out herein and/or as may be otherwise expressly advised as part of the particular Event’s registration process are excluded. The Organisers and all entities within the Informa Group (as well as any employees or other representatives of the same) exclude all liability for any loss, injury, disease or damage whatsoever that you may suffer in connection with or arising from the Event whether direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive loss, injury or damage (including, without limitation, injury or disease to persons, property damage, theft, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss or corruption of data or any other type of economic loss, injury or damage) or otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, The Organisers shall not incur any liability whatsoever for any products displayed or sold by any exhibitor or sponsor at the Event. The limitations and exclusions in this paragraph only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- The rights and remedies of The Organisers are cumulative and are not exclusive of any rights and remedies provided by law and may be waived only in writing and specifically. Any delay or failure to exercise any right or remedy is not a waiver of the same.
- The Organisers reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions (without notice) from time to time and you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that the Event is staged.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and other language versions of these terms and conditions, the English shall prevail.
DISCLAIMER FOR ACTIVITIES
You should consider carefully whether or not you will be able to participate in any activities offered as part of the visitor programme. The Organisers warns that some activities may be physically demanding and/or carry inherent dangers. You understand that some exercise-based activities may be a risk to your physical health and safety if you do not perform them correctly. You accept that, if a visitor programme exists for the Event you are attending, it is entirely your responsibility to decide whether or not participation in any activity offered as part of the visitor programme is appropriate to your capabilities, aptitude, fitness and health. If you have any concerns about your capabilities, aptitude, fitness and/or health to participate you should consult with (and follow the recommendations of) a medical professional prior to engaging in any activity. If at any time during any activity you feel unwell or consider that it is unsafe for you to continue, please stop the activity immediately and seek appropriate advice. You also accept that it is entirely your responsibility to observe all health and safety requirements and instructions that you may be given in relation to activities. If you are participating in any activity that is offered virtually for participation in a home or office environment, you should ensure that your environment is safe, provides adequate space and is free of dangerous or hazardous objects and materials. The Organisers and all entities within the Informa Group (as well as any employees or other representatives of the same) exclude all liability for any loss, injury, disease or damage whatsoever that you may suffer in connection with or arising from your participation in any activities offered as part of the visitor programme (including, without limitation, any activities held outside of, or incidentally to, the main Event that you are attending), whether direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive loss, injury or damage (including, without limitation, injury or disease to persons, property damage, theft, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss or corruption of data or any other type of economic loss, injury or damage) or otherwise. The limitations and exclusions in this paragraph only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
If you wish to contact us in relation to these terms and conditions, please contact us at:
Cosmoprof Asia – 1701-05, China Resources Building, 26 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong at Tel +852 2827 6211, Email: [email protected]