We know sustainability is increasingly important to our attendees and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Running our events gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impacts environmentally, socially and economically in our host cities. We want to make our event more responsible and play a role in helping our markets improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they want to help solve the big challenges in our sector.
OUR THREE AIMS
Inspiring Sustainable Development
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the market the event serves
- Inspiring our suppliers, exhibitors and other stakeholders to deliver a sustainable event
- Developing market relevant partnerships
Environmentally Responsible Event
- Reducing our event’s carbon emissions
- Creating less waste
- Considering sustainability credentials of the items sourced for the event
Socially Responsible Event
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities
- Measuring our impacts
SUSTAINABILITY AT INFORMA MARKETS
Our event is part of Informa Markets and the Informa Group. Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in and the environment.
Many of our stakeholders are clearly telling us that sustainability (social, economic and environmental) is something that is no longer a nice to have but a necessary part of any event. We want to make sure we’re meeting those expectations and we believe that being sustainable is the right thing to do.
We also recognise that it’s not just about the way we produce our events and products but recognizing that we have a role to play in providing a space to work in partnership together with our markets to inspire the sustainable development of the industries we serve. This is an ongoing process for us and we’re looking for ideas of how we can improve.
More information about our work so far can be found on the www.informa.com/sustainability including our latest sustainability reports.